Wednesday 12 October 2011

Yo-Yo

So what to give as a gift when you become a Godfather? Well I thought Otto might like a Yo-Yo to play with when he is a bit older ( he is only a year old ) so I thought I would make him one out of Cherry! Below is how I did it.

I started by rounding a square block on the lathe



From the initial piece I cut it into two. I only needed one of these pieces so one became a spare.
I then mounted one of the pieces back onto the lathe. Form this I was be able to get the two halves I needed



A few minutes of wood turning and polishing later and I had one of the halves ready to cut off the end of the block

 I then duplicated the other half

 Blue string, for a boy!
 My trademark box
and a little extra detail added for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment